The Sikh Women Society has come a long way since 1974 from the first pilgrimage to Hemkunt Sahib to medical camps, Vaisakhi celebrations and various donations to the community. On Sunday 21st September at the Sikh Union Club, the society celebrated their 40th anniversary where they also honored all past Chairwomen. The Guest of Honor was Mr Manjit Singh Brar, the Chief Guest was Mr Ravinder Singh and special guest was Hon Sunjeev Kaur Birdi, MP. The programme’s co-sponsor was Anghiti and it was simple with a few cultural dances by Samrita Group and souvenir gifts to all the main guests and past Chairwomen. There was a lovely heartfelt poem recited in Punjabi by Mrs Kartar Kaur Chadha, which captured the complete 40 years journey of the amazing ladies.
Terms & Conditions- Copyright
All text and images belong to Harleen Jabbal. Anyone found copying, plagiarising or lifting images without permission will face the Law - Copyright Act CAP 130.
- RT @Virgin: .@VirginAtlantic has helped to develop accessible inflight entertainment for customers with sight loss: virg.in/JZB… 4 days ago
- RT @IndianExpress: Bollywood actor ‘molestation’ case: Accused sent to police custody till December 13 indianexpress.com/article/india/… 4 days ago
- RT @HapaKenya: Applications for the KCB foundation high school scholarships are now open hapakenya.com/2017/12/04/app… 4 days ago
- RT @CNNAfrica: From being the “bad example” to inspiring people around the world with his art, Kenyan artist Cyrus Karibu talks about his c… 4 days ago
- RT @CNNAfrica: Even trash gets a second chance. cnn.it/2z0ig5h 4 days ago
News Gone By
- Every Life Matters, Point Blank with Asian Weekly, 1st December 2017
- How High Should Drinking Be? Point Blank with Asian Weekly 27th November, 2017
- When Silence Can Cost You, Point Blank with Asian Weekly, 17th November, 2017
- The Magic of Movies, Point Blank with Asian Weekly, 10th November, 2017
- The Level of Education Should Not Define Your Success, Point Blank with Asian Weekly 3rd November, 2017