There is no shortage of talent, whether it is in rangoli, aarti thali decoration or dance. There was an explosion of all this talent on Saturday 20th September at the B.A.P.S. Swaminarayan Temple. The ladies committee of B.A.P.S. Swaminarayan Temple organized a cultural day, which included a competition for best rangoli, aarti thali and fruit sculptures and thereafter an evening of different dances, all competitors and performers were from various temples across the country. The Chief Guest of Honor was Hon Sunjeev Kaur Birdi MP (Nominated) and the wife of the Indian High Commissioner to Kenya, Mrs Alka Varma, joined her. The event was very well attended and they did their best to keep the audience entertained with a variety of dances by girls and ladies of different ages and styles. This event marked the 150th anniversary of Swami Shastriji and the 15th anniversary of the B.A.P.S. Swaminaryan Temple in Kenya, also kicking off their Diwali celebrations.
Terms & Conditions- Copyright
All text and images belong to Harleen Jabbal. Anyone found copying, plagiarising or lifting images without permission will face the Law - Copyright Act CAP 130.
- RT @BBCWorld: The US has more citizens who are illiterate - some 16 million people - than many of its developed counterparts. Why? https://… 2 weeks ago
- RT @WSJ: Some bosses work too hard to rescue weak staff or projects, which can put their own jobs at risk on.wsj.com/2zoAAGj 2 weeks ago
- RT @wef: New Zealand wants to plant 100 million trees every year wef.ch/2ylwLSq #environment https://t.co/4P4CK2gRTg 2 weeks ago
- RT @AJEnglish: 1984 anti-Sikh riots: Delhi's widows still seeking closure aje.io/59vxg https://t.co/2c6LJgmUKD 2 weeks ago
- RT @MakeItKenya: Kenya has made starting a business easier by merging procedures required to start-up and formally operate a Business @Indu… 2 weeks ago
News Gone By
- The Much Ado About Diwali Holiday, Point Blank with Asian Weekly 13th October, 2017
- Love Ain’t Real, Point Blank with Asian Weekly 6th October, 2017
- Nairobi’s Road to Success, Point Blank with Asian Weekly 29th September, 2017
- How Fake News is Destroying Credibility, Point Blank with Asian Weekly 22nd September, 2017
- Getting Listed on the Road Traffic Exchange, Point Blank with Asian Weekly 1st September, 2017