The test of your will power is strongest when you are not eating food. The month of September kicks off with Paryushan, which is the most important annual festival in Jainism and is a celebration of spiritual awareness. One of the aspects is fasting and on Sunday 8th September at the Visa Oshwal Mahajanwadi, Nairobi the Visa Oshwal Religion Committee honored the over 100 men and women who fasted for a minimum of 8 days. This means, only drinking water and the longest fast was kept by a 15 year-old Ekta Dodhia for 16 days while the oldest lady who fasted was Sonaben Shah. There were also the boys who said they are proud of their fast and even though they get bullied at school, they are determined to keep their faith and achieve this spiritual cleansing. It is all about test of patience, will power, love and spirituality.
Terms & Conditions- Copyright
All text and images belong to Harleen Jabbal. Anyone found copying, plagiarising or lifting images without permission will face the Law - Copyright Act CAP 130.
- RT @washingtonpost: Opinion: "Annihilation" will make you feel small and terrified. You should rush to see it. wapo.st/2HFg4Cn 3 hours ago
- RT @OWITintl: We can't wait! #BoardWomen #WomenonBoards #InternationalWomensDay2018 #WomeninTrade #BoardMeetings twitter.com/WIIT_DC/status… 3 hours ago
- RT @WIIT_DC: March 15 5-8 pm: Women Seizing New Opportunities in Africa: Driving US-Africa Exports, Investment and Partnerships @ReaganITCD… 3 hours ago
- RT @mashable: This robot is making cleanup a lot easier https://t.co/Ss45Quf9FD 4 hours ago
- RT @ajplus: New satellite images show Myanmar’s government is using bulldozers to literally raze villages to the ground. https://t.co/u5wkS… 4 hours ago
News Gone By