The test of your will power is strongest when you are not eating food. The month of September kicks off with Paryushan, which is the most important annual festival in Jainism and is a celebration of spiritual awareness. One of the aspects is fasting and on Sunday 8th September at the Visa Oshwal Mahajanwadi, Nairobi the Visa Oshwal Religion Committee honored the over 100 men and women who fasted for a minimum of 8 days. This means, only drinking water and the longest fast was kept by a 15 year-old Ekta Dodhia for 16 days while the oldest lady who fasted was Sonaben Shah. There were also the boys who said they are proud of their fast and even though they get bullied at school, they are determined to keep their faith and achieve this spiritual cleansing. It is all about test of patience, will power, love and spirituality.
Terms & Conditions- Copyright
All text and images belong to Harleen Jabbal. Anyone found copying, plagiarising or lifting images without permission will face the Law - Copyright Act CAP 130.
- RT @IISuperwomanII: There is a child helpline in India that is FREE and CONFIDENTIAL but not everyone knows about it! Please RT and share t… 1 day ago
- RT @WomenintheWorld: Top actresses speak out on the 'revolution' of women in Hollywood: bit.ly/2s7xpwD https://t.co/jrbXtH9GcQ 1 day ago
- RT @sikri_: Dear #CreativeKE I hereby offer free legal services in the event that any one of you is arrested as a result of enforcement o… 2 days ago
- RT @crossoverkenya: BAKE Kenya statement on KFCB’s attempts to license online video content. Read it here; crossover.co.ke/2018/05/22/bak… 2 days ago
- RT @crossoverkenya: Women with eating disorders such as anorexia or bulimia may also experience significant trouble sleeping, suggests a sm… 4 days ago
News Gone By