The test of your will power is strongest when you are not eating food. The month of September kicks off with Paryushan, which is the most important annual festival in Jainism and is a celebration of spiritual awareness. One of the aspects is fasting and on Sunday 8th September at the Visa Oshwal Mahajanwadi, Nairobi the Visa Oshwal Religion Committee honored the over 100 men and women who fasted for a minimum of 8 days. This means, only drinking water and the longest fast was kept by a 15 year-old Ekta Dodhia for 16 days while the oldest lady who fasted was Sonaben Shah. There were also the boys who said they are proud of their fast and even though they get bullied at school, they are determined to keep their faith and achieve this spiritual cleansing. It is all about test of patience, will power, love and spirituality.
Terms & Conditions- Copyright
All text and images belong to Harleen Jabbal. Anyone found copying, plagiarising or lifting images without permission will face the Law - Copyright Act CAP 130.
- Congrats sir #LegionnairesOfLaughter twitter.com/anupampkher/st… 1 day ago
- RT @Inc: The 1 Mistake Hiring Managers Make in a Job Interview (It's Extremely Common) on.inc.com/2wgIqQ4 1 day ago
- RT @crossoverkenya: "I've had challenges, but I am learning" - Paul Kihiko @WingItNairobi #CrossoverWithHarleenJabbal @harleenjabs https:… 1 day ago
- RT @filmiveryfilmi: #FridayBoxOffice in case you haven't caught up with this crazy fun #FilmReview @MubarakanMovie bit.ly/2i6W2Ie… 1 day ago
- RT @crossoverkenya: Find out Paul's #CrossoverMoment @WingItNairobi @harleenjabs @EkaHotel @maheehmh bit.ly/2uXsGgJ 1 day ago
News Gone By
- Powder Women vs. Powerful Women, Point Blank with Asian Weekly 4th August 2017
- It is Time to Step Up, Point Blank with Asian Weekly 28th July 2017
- The Power of the National Language, Point Blank with Asian Weekly 21st July 2017
- The Wise Words of Pushy Politicians, Point Blank with Asian Weekly 14th July 2017
- Open Love, Point Blank with Asian Weekly 7th July 2017