It takes great courage to walk an unknown path, one where you are searching for answers and Swami Vivekananda at a young age did the very same thing. Creating a ripple with his words of wisdom at the Parliament of World Religions in Chicago in 1893. Kenya and several other countries and followers are celebrating his 150th birth anniversary throughout this year. Special programmes have been lined up that include various charity drives, religious lectures and cultural activities. On Saturday 12th January at the Oshwal Centre Nairobi the Swami Vivekananda Celebrations Committee including members of the Hindu Religious & Service Centre started the festivities with a cultural event that brought together different communities that live in Kenya with roots from different states of India. It was encouraging to see participants of all ages singing religious songs to dancing to folk tunes.
Terms & Conditions- Copyright
All text and images belong to Harleen Jabbal. Anyone found copying, plagiarising or lifting images without permission will face the Law - Copyright Act CAP 130.
- The Power of I AM Joel Osteen- My Book Review harleenjabs.wordpress.com/2018/06/19/the… 1 day ago
- Are you doing that too? @ArtcaffeKenya @javahouseafrica twitter.com/business/statu… 4 days ago
- Great keep watching @FIFAWorldCup @SafaricomPLC @watchkwese twitter.com/crossoverkenya… 4 days ago
- Congrats @CocaCola #worldcup #FIFAWorldCup2018 twitter.com/crossoverkenya… 4 days ago
- RT @ChampionsLeague: Cristiano Ronaldo equals the record of Uwe Seeler, Pelé and Miroslav Klose by scoring at a fourth World Cup. #UCL Ca… 5 days ago
News Gone By