They say a moment can last a lifetime and that was true in the case of Rix Rooprai. He was assaulted by gangsters when he came home after a party on 6th May and he pays the price by having to battle with a long-term care. But the one thing he doesn’t have to battle for is the compassionate family, friends and community that surround him to give him every bit of support and love that they can. They poured out their pockets and hearts out to a day full of smiles, sensitivity to security awareness and fund raise to assist his family pay the medical bill. It was a sold out event and supported with several well-wishers who provided catering, venue, entertainment and raffle prizes on Sunday 26th August at the Mystique Gardens, Nairobi. As the sunset on the day’s mission, the achievement was that if one person can make a difference, so can many, so help a hand and give generously when you get a chance in life to make a difference.
Terms & Conditions- Copyright
All text and images belong to Harleen Jabbal. Anyone found copying, plagiarising or lifting images without permission will face the Law - Copyright Act CAP 130.
- RT @washingtonpost: Opinion: "Annihilation" will make you feel small and terrified. You should rush to see it. wapo.st/2HFg4Cn 3 hours ago
- RT @OWITintl: We can't wait! #BoardWomen #WomenonBoards #InternationalWomensDay2018 #WomeninTrade #BoardMeetings twitter.com/WIIT_DC/status… 3 hours ago
- RT @WIIT_DC: March 15 5-8 pm: Women Seizing New Opportunities in Africa: Driving US-Africa Exports, Investment and Partnerships @ReaganITCD… 3 hours ago
- RT @mashable: This robot is making cleanup a lot easier https://t.co/Ss45Quf9FD 4 hours ago
- RT @ajplus: New satellite images show Myanmar’s government is using bulldozers to literally raze villages to the ground. https://t.co/u5wkS… 4 hours ago
News Gone By