He is the favorite of many millions of Hindu devotees around the world and his birthday is equally important, celebrated with pomp and flair. He is Lord Krishna or sometimes called by the names of Mohan, Govinda, Vasudeva, Kanahiya and many more. He was the eighth son of princess Devaki and Vasudeva and was born many thousand of years ago in Mathura, India. The Shree Sanathan Dharm Temple of Nairobi organized the birthday celebrations on Friday 10th August evening. Priti Patel of Alishaan Enterprises choreographed the celebrations, which was a combination of prayers, bhajans (hymns) singing, dance and the climax, which is to break a pot. This pot is called the Dahi Handi and is made of clay, filled with buttermilk and hit with a blunt object mostly like the coconut. It is raised to a significant height and a pyramid of boys is set up to get to the top and break it. I never thought this was possible indoors but it was done brilliantly and remained the highlight of the evening. The Temple was filled with devotees and especially children because Lord Krishna also emitted a youthful element of fun, innocence and devotion. The Chief Guest of the evening was Mr Rakesh Rao of Crown Paints and several SSD Temple committee members were also present.
Terms & Conditions- Copyright
All text and images belong to Harleen Jabbal. Anyone found copying, plagiarising or lifting images without permission will face the Law - Copyright Act CAP 130.
- RT @wandiagichuru: And we are open!!!!! So excited to welcome you to our 11th store at the very exciting @capitalcentrenairobi_ mall on Mom… 3 hours ago
- RT @crossoverkenya: Will Smith's "Live It Up" FIFA Anthem crossover.co.ke/2018/05/26/wil… via @crossoverkenya 3 hours ago
- RT @crossoverkenya: Danny Boyle to Direct Next Bond Film crossover.co.ke/2018/05/26/dan… via @crossoverkenya 3 hours ago
- RT @crossoverkenya: Kenya's Film Regulation Twist crossover.co.ke/2018/05/26/ken… via @crossoverkenya 3 hours ago
- RT @crossoverkenya: Hugh Says I Do crossover.co.ke/2018/05/26/hug… via @crossoverkenya 3 hours ago
News Gone By