The latest way of wearing a saree is to wear a pair of slacks preferably white or cream and then have the saree draped over you as it is made of net fabric. This explosive trend comes to Kenya through the fashion house of Bawree when they participated in a charity event for Giants Group of Nairobi-Twiga at the Pride Inn on Saturday 16th June. The Guest of Honor was Justice Kalpana Rawal who looking stunning in a beautifully clad saree. The Giants Group of Nairobi-Twiga is made up of nearly forty one dedicated giants and one of their recent success programmes was the donation of sanitary pads for adult girls and the adoption of Karura Primary School. It was a house full but the crowd was busy chatting away even when the formal function started or fashion show going on. In that respect much of the ambience was lost. But as the saying goes ‘the show must go on’ so did the fashion show and necessary formalities.
Terms & Conditions- Copyright
All text and images belong to Harleen Jabbal. Anyone found copying, plagiarising or lifting images without permission will face the Law - Copyright Act CAP 130.
- RT @BBCWorld: The US has more citizens who are illiterate - some 16 million people - than many of its developed counterparts. Why? https://… 2 weeks ago
- RT @WSJ: Some bosses work too hard to rescue weak staff or projects, which can put their own jobs at risk on.wsj.com/2zoAAGj 2 weeks ago
- RT @wef: New Zealand wants to plant 100 million trees every year wef.ch/2ylwLSq #environment https://t.co/4P4CK2gRTg 2 weeks ago
- RT @AJEnglish: 1984 anti-Sikh riots: Delhi's widows still seeking closure aje.io/59vxg https://t.co/2c6LJgmUKD 2 weeks ago
- RT @MakeItKenya: Kenya has made starting a business easier by merging procedures required to start-up and formally operate a Business @Indu… 2 weeks ago
News Gone By
- The Much Ado About Diwali Holiday, Point Blank with Asian Weekly 13th October, 2017
- Love Ain’t Real, Point Blank with Asian Weekly 6th October, 2017
- Nairobi’s Road to Success, Point Blank with Asian Weekly 29th September, 2017
- How Fake News is Destroying Credibility, Point Blank with Asian Weekly 22nd September, 2017
- Getting Listed on the Road Traffic Exchange, Point Blank with Asian Weekly 1st September, 2017